- Hits: 918975
COREN ceases to collect hard copy application form for Engineering Personnel Registration. All applications are to be submitted online.
ONLINE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Please read the following guidelines before you start.
- INACCURATE INFORMATION SUPPLIED WILL LEAD TO AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION
- APPLICATION & PROCESSING AND INTERVIEW FEES ARE NOT REFUNDABLE.
1. Download the Proposer, Work Experience Forms before you start filling the application form online as this is a requirement among the documents to be uploaded during the registration process. Please ensure and confirm that your two (2) proposers are up to date in the payment of their annual practicing fee and the proposers must not propose more than 4 applicants in a year. Also download the New Guidelines for Registration and Examination Score Sheet to assist you during your registration.
3. A standard passport photograph with the following specification:
- In color, Printed on photo quality paper.
- Sized such that the head is between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches (between 25 and 35 mm) from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head. View the Photo Composition Template for more size requirement details.
- Taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance.
- Taken in front of a plain white or off-white background.
- Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera.
- Do not wear a hat or head covering that obscures the hair or hairline except religious clothing that is worn daily.
- No T-Shirt.
4. You are expected to fill all the basic details required before proceeding to pay for your registration fee online. Always ensure you use a valid email address and phone number when filling the form as this will be used to communicate to you throughout the registration process.
5. Choose your category as it applies to you. The cost of each category is as indicated. Fill all the basic details, click on the Register button, it will bring up a pop box to verify your payment details. On confirming your payment details, click on Pay button, you will be directed to Remita payment gateway.
6. You may decide to pay online with your Credit Card or print the generated Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) number and proceed to any of the bank listed on the Remita Payment Gateway page to make payment. On successful payment of either of the payment option, your payment will be automatically updated and registration process activated.
7. Click on the Login button to continue with your registration. Choose the Registered Applicant Option as Login Type. Enter the Email Address and Password you used when registering to login.
8. On successful login, click on Application tab by the left, it will load all the information you are expected to fill.
9. Click on Profile Info, fill the details under Basic, Contact and Other Information
10. Click on all other relevant tab – Education, Work Experience, Membership of Engineering Bodies, Non Nigerian Extra Info (For Non-Nigerian only).
11. Click on Document tab to upload relevant document. You are required to scan and upload Original Copies of your Credentials. No single upload must be more than 500kb.
12. Applicants registered with COREN as a Technologist can apply as an Engineer one year after obtaining their PGD from a COREN accredited university.
13. When done, click on Application Approval under the Request tab to submit your application. Then click on Request Application Approval button to submit your application.
14. APPLICANTS WRITING PROFESSIONAL INTERVIEW MUST UNPLOAD THEIR CERTIFICATE AND BRING IT TO THE EXAM VENUE.
15. Wrong entry of qualifications or information will attract charges and penalties. e.g. holders HND & PGD must arrange them as First qulification (HND), Second qualification (PGD)
16. Applicants with Professional Qualification are to request their institution to send their TRANSCRIPT, if its a foreign school.
You will need to request your transcript to be sent directly from your school to COREN through any of the following means:
Send manual copies to (The Registrar, Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria, 22 Addis Ababa Crescent Wuse Zone 4, P.O.Box 8461, Wuse, Abuja).
17. Candidates who lost the original copies of their credential should produce the following documents:
- Extract from the police on the lost certificate(s).
- Attestation letter from the issuer of the certificate.
- Convocation list.
ALL PAYMENTS MADE ARE NON REFUNDABLE
For Complaints/Support call the following numbers: 08182255009, 08183355009, 08186655009, 08187755009
Between 8:00AM to 4:00 PM
For Nigerian Applicants – 6 Months
For Expatriates – 3 Months